Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Edward Scissorhands

I've been feeling a lot like Edward Scissorhands lately which I find kinda odd. I relate to his character more than anything else at the moment, simply confusion about what makes people tick.

I'm constantly amazed at my level of naivete towards the world. Sometimes I truly feel like a child or a vulnerable freak. I wonder why vulnerability is so looked down upon though? Seems like such a beautiful strength in men and women. I applaud anyone I meet who can let their guard down even a tiny bit.

About the movie
The genesis of Edward Scissorhands came from a drawing by then teenaged director Tim Burton, which reflected his feelings of isolation and being unable to communicate to people around him in suburban Santa Clarita Valley, California. Burton stated that he was often alone, and had trouble retaining friendships. "I get the feeling people just got this urge to want to leave me alone for some reason, I don’t know exactly why".


Charlie Rose interview with Tim Burton

No comments: