Thursday, June 24, 2010

New Friend - Bison 67

I had this intense urge to go to the Wooden Nickel Buffalo Farm in Edinboro on Saturday night. I haven't been there in years but this place is truly magical. I talked with the woman who owned the gift shop and she informed me that the bison are wild animals so they probably wouldn't come too close especially since they have two babies in the herd now. 

When I approached the fence and sat down in the grass there was one bison number 67 who joined me. We watched each other for what seemed like hours, when I went to leave he followed me all the way to my car what a sweetheart. I may just have to save him.

Update 7-2-2010: I called the farm and asked about buying this buffalo and I guess they aren't "pets" but "wild animals".






































No comments: