Saturday, July 3, 2010

A Cup of Tea with Death

I've been thinking a lot about the many things I learned from experiencing what it is to lose someone you love. I never understood how difficult it is to let go of a person you care about and it got me thinking about what I want out of life. 

I truly want to inspire other people, but also let them feel loved and appreciated by me everyday. I don't think this is an easy task by any means. I have bad days just like anyone else where I feel irritable and negative. But to me negativity seems like the easy choice and life is way too precious to allow that in daily. I want to experience joy and positivity even if it takes work to get there. Which in my experience it does you almost have to wade through all the humiliation and trauma you've experienced and then after all that work is the light and brevity of living.

My uncle Tim was a beautiful soul who was extremely vulnerable to life's hardships. He wanted to do sooo many things he never got a chance to do. He loved Rock and Roll ,The Beatles and The Who preferably... newer bands like Bright Eyes. He was a master woodworker and a great listener. Tim was also hilarious his humor was quite brilliant it was self deprecating but also extremely inspiring. I will miss him everyday of my life and take the things he taught me over the course of knowing him and live in his honor. 

I'm also thinking about doing an ALS fundraiser in his honor.

No comments: