Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Self Love (the PG kind)

I'm starting to finally realize that one of the best things a person can do for themself is to engage in compassion and self love. For way too many years I wasted time comparing myself to others and engaging in very negative self defeating thought patterns. The interesting thing was I would give others extreme leeway to treat me poorly. I would always give countless excuses for their inexcusable behavior and waste time trying to understand their viewpoint. I think if my self esteem had been higher at the time clarity would show there is NO excuse to treat any human being with disregard and faulty compassion. 

I truly believe everyone is deserving of attention, appreciation and love. Why is this so lacking in our culture? Seems to me that once the basic needs are met love, comfort and security that is when magic can happen.

No comments: