Wednesday, August 25, 2010

What I Know For Sure

So Oprah wrote out "What I Know For Sure"
Here are mine after much deliberation and reflection. Well in a way it's also things I'm working towards. 


1. I will never ever cheat on the person I'm in a relationship with. I never understood this behavior seems like a waste to throw away a persons respect for a romp in the hay... no thanks.
2. I will never ever have a one night stand or make out with someone I'm not in a relationship with and or dating. I think the body is way too precious to hand out for free at least thats how I feel about mine. (I don't judge others who are more free about it though).
3. I will always treat people with respect and compassion you never know what they are going through.
4. I will love and tell the people in my life how much they mean to me even if it makes them uncomfortable!
5. I will try and be there for my friends but first and foremost for myself so I can be a strong base without self love and strength you can't really help others.
6. I will say things that are uncomfortable and not feel guilty about saying no when I want to.
7. I won't take crap from anyone or be controlled ever again. If someone wants to manipulate me on a daily basis they will be x'ed out of my life for good.
8. I wont have patience for ulterior motives anymore especially when it is very clear they exist.
9. I will pay more attention to what people are saying not just wait for my turn to talk. I want to truly "hear" people and not interrupt them because I am interested in what they have to say...most of the time lol.
10. People are really fragile yet insanely strong at the same time. It is very difficult to break the human spirit.
11. I will ALWAYS stand up for people and the underdog even if it brings humiliation and or ridicule my way (which it has lol). Way too many people watch as injustice is happening and don't speak up! I consider bullying of any kind a tragedy and won't tolerate it.
12. I will do my best not to judge others or be too harsh with myself.

No comments: