Saturday, October 23, 2010

My So Called Life Nostalgia

I remember when I first saw My So Called Life I seriously related to Angela Chase in such an intense way along with millions of other girls. She seemed to encapsulate a reality that was rarely shown on screen or within the media. That women are complicated not just one dimensional and that becoming a woman entailed not only soul searching but a deep analysis of the self.

I still in a sense feel like a little girl sometimes but with all my life experience I also feel as if I were an 80 year old. It's quite a journey to understand you're own wants, needs and motivations. I do feel it's necessary to complete that inner journey if you want to create art that is universal and not just narcissistic. Or if you want to have a satisfactory life in general. I don't think I'm even close to the person I want to be yet, but I have come a long way. It's pretty interesting watching this show now.
  Watch My So Called Life here.

No comments: